The first thing to know about our casino rankings is that we only bring you the best casino sites out there. We put all casinos through our rigorous tests before reviewing only the best online gambling sites, so you can rest assured that you’re playing with trusted and safe casinos.
To help you find the best online casino for you, here are some of the criteria we compare all sites to:
- Valid licence: We only list online casinos that hold a licence from the Gambling Commision. This ensures that all of your personal and banking information is kept confidential, and that you’re playing at the best casinos that stick to the rules.
- Wide game selection: All of our listed casinos offer massive portfolios of games from top providers, giving you plenty of high quality games to choose from.
- Customer support: Our casino review team always checks the customer support service to ensure it’s efficient, fast and reliable.
- Generous welcome offers: We’re always on the lookout for the best welcome offers to make sure our readers get the best start possible to their casino experience.
How to know if a casino is safe
If you’re playing at a casino that is licenced by the Gambling Commission, you can be sure that it’s safe to play at. Over and above the licence, you can check that the casino has SSL encryption and verified games. Let’s have a look at the licence in more detail and how it protects players:
To hold a gaming licence means that the casino has gone through strict tests and processes set by the Gambling Commission, and that the commission has verified their legitimacy as an online casino.
It’s not a simple process, and to obtain the licence an online casino operator needs to prove that they promote responsible gambling and don’t allow players to wager more than their means; that they don’t accept underage gamblers; and many other important factors. This is why a licensed casino is considered to be so safe and trustworthy, and not just any casino is granted a licence.
Once obtained, the licence is not guaranteed for life, and online casinos that fail to follow the regulator’s rules are at high risk for losing their licence. Hefty fines on profits made from players can also apply, along with stricter punishments for negligence.
If you find a casino that allows UK players but doesn’t hold a licence, it could mean one of two things: they either had a licence but lost it, or they never qualified for one in the first place. You should avoid playing at non-licenced casinos at all costs, since the Gambling Commission can not verify their safety.
Find a UK online casino for your needs
We’ve always got loads of top online casinos to choose from, each of them offering different benefits. It’s really up to you and what you consider to be a top priority, so here’s a look at some of the different lists we have to help you choose.
New casino sites: If you’re after something fresh and fun, have a look at our list of new casino sites for the latest casino experiences
Live casino: Players who love a more authentic casino experience will enjoy choosing from our list of operators offering a wide selection of live casino games
Mobile casino UK: Most online casinos now offer a quality mobile version, but if you’re looking for the best mobile casinos in the, check out our list of superior mobile casinos
No deposit casino: Many online casinos offer no deposit bonuses to get you started, and we’ve listed them all on our no deposit bonus page
Look for the best casino offers
We’re always on the lookout for the best UK casino offers, so you can find them easily, all in one place. Here are some of the best offers exclusive to the UK to keep your eyes peeled for:
- Free spins: This is a great offer to receive, either as a new player or an existing one. Free spins give you free chances to win, but without the wagering requirements, so you’ll often get to keep any wins incurred from the spins.
- Bonus spins: Kind of similar to free spins, bonus spins give you ‘free’ chances to win on a slot – but any wins will need to be wagered to satisfy requirements before you can make a withdrawal. We’ll always tell you the terms and conditions for these offers, so you can make sure you’re playing with the lowest wagering requirements at a casino UK
- Promos: The fun doesn’t stop once you’ve taken your welcome offer, and many casinos offer regular promotions for existing players to keep them coming back.
When playing with casino offers, make sure to always read the terms and conditions to check you’re getting the best offer possible. Many promotions and offers will have wagering requirements tied to them, which is totally standard but also super important.
Play your favourite games in online casinos
Due to regulations, only games from gaming licensed gaming developers can be offered to the players. The good news is that most gaming developers do hold licences, and the selection of slots and other casino games for the market is constantly growing.
- Slots: Our team of casino experts review new online slots as they launch to give you everything you need to know about a slot before you play, and whether or not it’s worth your time.
- Casino games: Besides slots, players can also enjoy a wide range of everything from roulette to blackjack, poker and more. We also provide updated reviews and information of these casino games, all conveniently listed on one page.
Can I play in casinos without gambling licence?
You might be able to, but we really recommend that you don’t. You won’t find non-licensed casinos here anyway, but if you happened to find one online it’s highly likely that it will be shut down soon. It’s also not safe or legal to play at a casino without a UK gambling licence since their legitimacy hasn’t been verified.
Are my online casino winnings tax-free?
For now, all your online casino winnings are indeed tax-free. Happy days!
Is it legal to play in online casinos?
As long as the online casino operator holds gaming licence, it is 100% legal to play, provided you’re 18 years or older and you do not make payments using your credit card. It is your responsibility to ensure you are playing legally online so do make sure you meet any legal requirements before playing for real money.
Are there any exclusive offers for casino players?
Absolutely, make sure to check out the offers above to see what’s currently on offer.
Can I trust the payout percentages at a casino?
As part of the regulation, casinos must be upfront about their payout percentages across all games. So yes, you can trust the payout percentages.
What is the KYC check?
KYC (Know Your Customer) is a process that UK casinos must complete before you can begin playing. It involves checking you are who you say you are, along with where you’ve received your money from. It may seem a bit boring to do, but it’s extremely important in preventing anti-money laundering and problem gambling.
What documents do casinos request?
This can vary from casino to casino, but generally, casinos will ask for identifying documents such as a copy of your passport, bank card and utility bills with your name and address on them. To prove your source of funds, you may also need to provide bank statements, invoices or similar documents.